I recently read an article that said a man’s sex appeal increases if he plays the guitar. It quoted studies that show women were more likely to give a man their phone number if he was carrying a guitar case versus a gym bag or nothing at all. The study results were interesting, but not very surprising.
It is pretty sexy when a man can play a musical instrument. I don’t think my old band nerd days are the reason I feel comfortable saying this. Just look at all the rock star romances out there, or the tortured hero in a historical romance who handles his frustration by playing the piano. Musicians in romance are cool.
But a man playing a musical instrument isn’t the only thing that increases sex appeal. It’s always sexy when a man is good with his hands (get your mind out of the gutter, lol), but I also think the items below (b/c you know I love a list) also can shoot a man’s sex appeal through the roof.
1. He can fix my car or change a tire. Picture how hot Branson was on Downton Abbey when he was wooing Lady Sybil while working on Lord Grantham’s car.
2. He can cook. The oh so sexy green-eyed chef from the movie Jumping the Broom comes to mind.
3. He’s smart. I mean really smart, like make me go Google something smart. And of course I’m picturing the 10th Doctor when I say this.
4. Power-but not in a skeevy manipulative way. T.I.’s song “You can have whatever you like” comes to mind . To say you want something and it’s immediately delivered. Sexy!
5. Humor, of course. I don’t need a research paper to know that Kevin Hart is cute because he’s so damn funny.
6. Confident without being arrogant. Think of that look Idris Elba gives that says “Yeah I’m sexy, and right now, it’s all focused on you” That’s confidence b/c an insecure man making that look would just be pitiful.
7. Artistic: Again it goes back to being good with your hands. Watching him handle the paint brush and bring life to a canvas is pretty darn sexy. And, “I want to paint you” is a pretty hot pick up line.
8. A good listener. Once, I had a crush on this guy mostly b/c when I talked to him he paid close attention. Eyes on me, questions at appropriate times, and his undivided attention. He wasn’t handsome in the traditional sense (red hair, thin, glasses) but the fact that he listened made him cute .
Where’s 9 and 10? Well, it’s cold and my mind is drawing a blank, so help me out. Give me two more things that make a guy sexy. Or give me a yea or nea to the items I listed.